Better accessibility of the canton of Redange by public transportOn 14 February 2022
The P&R Schwebach opened on 8 November 2021 and offers 70 parking spaces. Parking is free of charge. The P&R also offers an mBox for safe parking of bicycles and charging stations.
From 13.02.2022, a connection to the Place de l’Etoile in Luxembourg City is available approximately every 15 minutes (Mo-Sa) from the P&R Schwebach. The frequency on Sundays and public holidays is also higher.
Following the requests of the citizens, the Syndicat Intercommunal du Canton de Redange and the Ministry of Mobility worked together to optimise the RGTR network to the canton of Redange.
Thus, some bus lines have been adapted:
- Line 560 (Martelange – Redange – Place de l’Etoile): departures to the city are 30 minutes earlier
- Express lines (529, 590, 595): the spacing of these lines has been improved in order to offer greater flexibility to users
- Line 250 (Redange – Hobscheid – Sterpenich): runs to Sterpenich have been brought forward by 2 minutes to allow users to catch the train at Kleinbettingen
- Line 267 (Luxembourg – Mertzig): the timetable has been adapted to have a better repartition of departures at the P&R Schwebach. The departure to the city is 15 min earlier
- Line 518 (Préizerdaul – Vichten – Ettelbruck – Diekirch – Gilsdorf): This line is reintroduced as a school line, with one trip to Diekirch/Gilsdorf in the morning and three trips in the afternoon to Vichten/Preizerdaul.
- Line 519 (Vichten – Michelbouch): This route is reintroduced as a school line, with two trips in both directions on school days.
- Line 520 (Ettelbruck – Bettborn – Arlon): The timetable has been adapted to have a better 30-minute interval, especially during peak hours.
- Line 529 (Luxembourg – Bilsdorf): The timetable has been adapted to have a better repartition of departures at the P&R Schwebach and at all stops downstream in the direction of Luxembourg.
Further adaptations will be analysed in order to be taken into account if necessary in autumn 2022.