CFL: Infrastructure works in 2021On 06 April 2021
In order to improve the national rail network, the CFL informs that maintenance, modernization and extension works are planned during 2021.
Through this mainenance works, the CFL aims to improve their offer in the following fields:
- making public transport more attractive
- increasing the quality of the services offered:
- increasing both the capacity of the network and rolling stock used
- improving punctuality by having seperate tracks for different lines, all with a view to:
- avoiding delays due to possible disruptions on the busiest sections, which are carried over due to trains having to cross the tracks from other lines
- creating line-specific tracks
- improving reliability
The CFL will offer during the engineering works replacement services in places where trains are unable to run. Click here for all information on replacement rail services.
Click here to see this year’s map of engineering works in progress and scheduled engineering works.
Click here for more information on the maintenance, modernization and extension projects (in progress and scheduled).
Free bicycle shuttles during the engineering works on line 10.
CFL/SNCF season tickets
Due to engineering works on the railway line between Luxembourg and Bettembourg, CFL/SNCF season tickets are accepted exceptionally on the following cross-border RGTR lines for the period from 3 April to 18 April 2021.
• 300 Luxembourg – Kirchberg – Hayange/Thionville (F)
• 301 Leudelange ZA – Gasperich – Thionville (F)
• 303 Kirchberg – Cattenom (F) – Thionville (F)
• 323 Kirchberg – Hettange Grande – Yutz (F)
All travellers must carry a valid travel document for the cross-border journey by train or bus.
Press release 10.02.2021
Press release 23.03.2021