New RGTR line numbering as of 17 July 2022On 27 June 2022
Since 2016, the RGTR bus network has been in constant evolution. It has been gradually reorganised in different phases in order to improve the mobility of users in the long term. This restructuring will come to an end on 17 July 2022 with the introduction of the last phase of reorganisation, accompanied by a new numbering of the lines of the entire RGTR network.
This new numbering consists of different digits which have a specific function depending on whether they are the 1st, 2nd or last digit.
The 1st number indicates the main axis in which the bus lines run:
- 1XX : North
- 2XX : East (Echternach)
- 3XX : East (Wasserbillig)
- 4XX : East (Remich)
- 5XX : South (Thionville)
- 6XX : South (Esch-sur-Alzette)
- 7XX : South (Pétange)
- 8XX : West (Steinfort)
- 9XX : West (Redange)
The 2nd number indicates the different types of services:
- X0X: The express lines serve the main axes and are intended to connect the major centres with Luxembourg City or the Nordstad. These lines usually have only one stop per locality.
- X1X: The primary regional lines are the main lines of an axis, unlike express lines, they serve all stops and provide connections in the region.
- X2X: The secondary regional lines have the same purpose, but often do not pass through the final destination of the axis.
- X5X: The transversal lines are strong lines that connect the major centres of the different regions without passing through Luxembourg City.
- X3X – X4X – X6X – X7X – X8X – X9X: The local lines connect rural areas to one or more major centres.
Users can consult the following link for more information and a table comparing the old and new public line numbers, as well as all future line schedules. The old numbers and timetables remain valid until 16 July 2022. The new numbers and timetables will come into operation on the morning of 17 July 2022.
For further questions, the mobility advisors of the “Mobiliteit.lu” call centre are available to travellers on 2465 2465 from Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. and on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays between 9 a.m. and 4.30 p.m.