Stater Braderie 2021: Changes to public transportOn 27 August 2021
On Monday, 30 August, Luxembourg City will be celebrating its 92nd Grande Braderie, which will see some 200 bradeux displaying their wares on pavements in the Gare district and in streets and pedestrian zones in the city centre.
During the event, the streets in these districts will, where possible, be closed to vehicular traffic to create large pedestrianised zones. This will allow visitors and travelers passing though the city to discover the Braderie, with its bargains and fun atmosphere, at their leisure. Visitors are advised to use public transport, including the city’s ample park-and-ride (P+R) facilities.
Following the street closures, the following measures will be taken in public transport:
- Changes in Place de la Gare: Instead of calling at “Gare Centrale Quai 1” and “Gare Centrale Quai 2”, buses will call at the following stops:
- The “Gare Centrale Quai 1” bus stop will be replaced by “Gare Centrale Quai 103” (“gare routière CFL”) towards the city centre (lines 4, 10, 13, 14, 18 and 19) and towards Cloche d’Or (line 20), Grund (line N23), Pfaffenthal (line 23), Hamm (line 27) and Howald (line 28);
- The “Gare Centrale Quai 2” bus stop will be replaced by “Gare Centrale Quai 105” (Place de la Gare, between Rue d’Épernay and Rue du Commerce) towards the city’s southern districts (Gasperich, Cessange, Hollerich and Bonnevoie-Sud).
- The “Al Avenue Quai 1” and “Al Avenue Quai 2” bus stops and the “Wallis Quai 1”, “Wallis Quai 3” and “Wallis Quai 4” stops will be closed for all lines.
- Lines 7 and 27 will not stop at “Wallis Quai 2”.
- There will be temporary bus stops for “Avranches” on Boulevard d’Avranches: “Avranches Quai 1” towards the city centre, opposite the junction with Rue du Fort Wallis, and “Avranches Quai 2” towards “Gare-Rocade”, in front of building no. 16.
The bus platform map of the station district is available under this link.
The “Cathédrale”, “Gruef” and “Kasinosgaass” bus stops on lines 19 and 31 are closed.
Changes to timetables
The timetables for the bus lines of the AVL service have been adapted and are available under this link.
For any additional questions, the mobility advisers of the call center are available to travelers under the number (+352) 2465 2465 from Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. as well as on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays between 9 a.m. and 4.30 p.m.