Mobibus transport, until 31 July 2022 known as CAPABS (Transport Complémentaire d’Accessibilité pour Personnes à Besoins Spécifiques), is a special regular transport service, which is complementary to ordinary school transport and public transport.
Mobibus transport is organised for Luxembourg residents, mainly on Luxembourg territory.
In principle, the beneficiaries of the Mobibus transport service are transported from their home to a specialised education or inclusion facility, and vice versa.
The organisation provided by the Public Transport Administration includes the administrative, technical, financial and accounting management and control of these specialised regular transport services.
These are pupils:
- for whom a specific regular transport is proposed by the National Inclusion Commission created by the law of 20 July 2018 creating Centres of competence in specialised psychopedagogy in favour of school inclusion;
- who benefit from an individualised care plan under the amended law of 6 February 2009 on the organisation of basic education and for whom regular specific transport is proposed by a basic education inclusion commission;
- who benefit from an individualised training plan by virtue of the amended law of 5 June 2004 on the organisation of secondary schools and for whom regular specific transport is offered by a school inclusion commission for secondary education;
or disabled persons with reduced mobility who go to one of the following facilities
- any training, employment or day activity service for people with disabilities and therapeutic workshops;
- a socio-educational day care service for children or young people in an orthopedagogical or psychotherapeutic home
- a socio-professional integration service.
These structures must be approved in accordance with article 1, paragraph 2, of the amended law of 8 September 1998 regulating relations between the State and organisations working in the social, family and therapeutic fields.
Applications for this transport are made by the specialised centres and submitted to the Public Transport Administration.
Additional information (available in French):
Service de transport spécifique régulier spécialisé : Conditions de fonctionnement
Service de transport spécifique régulier spécialisé vers l’étranger : Conditions de fonctionnement
Track the rides with your smartphone
Guardians have the possibility to look up scheduled and current trips with the mobile application. This app is available free of charge in four languages (French, German, English and Portuguese) for:
Android (Google play) , IOS (App Store)
The mobile application allows the guardians to :
- look up a trip in progress and see where the location of the bus in real time
- look up planned trips of the beneficiaries
- cancel a trip via the app if the beneficiary cannot attend it. (ATTENTION: If you cancel a ride via the app, you still have to inform the concerned structure. A cancelled ride cannot be undone)
The authentication is done with the phone number transmitted to your relative structure.
How do I get access to the Mobibus.lu app?
The Mobibus.lu app is available for iPhone as well as for Android. You can connect as following:
- download the Mobibus.lu app (Appstore and GooglePlay)
- enter your mobile phone number (without area code)
- You will receive an SMS with a 4-digit code
- enter the 4-digit code
What should I do if I cannot connect to the app?
In case of connection problems, you can contact your respective structure, which must forward us the following informations: Name, first name, telephone number and name of the beneficiary. The request will then be processed by our department in the best possible period.
How do I change the language in the Mobibus.lu app?
The app is available in four languages: German, French, English and Portuguese. The language of the app automatically adapts to that of your smartphone. If you want to change the language, you have to change the language of your mobile phone settings.
What should I do if I do not see a beneficiary in the app?
If you do not see any beneficiaries in your app, it is most certain they are not linked yet to your account. Contact your structure, which will forward us the following informations: Name, first name, phone number and name of the beneficiary. The request will then be processed by our department in the best possible period.
Can I see multiple beneficiaries using the same phone number in the app?
Yes, with one phone number it is possible to see multiple beneficiaries.
What functions does the Mobibus.lu app provide?
- You can look up a trip in progress and see where the location of the bus in real time
- You can look up planned trips of the beneficiaries
- You have the possibility to cancel a trip via the app if the beneficiary cannot attend it. (ATTENTION: If you cancel a ride via the app, you still have to inform the concerned structure. A cancelled ride cannot be undone)
- some addresses do not show as an actual address, but a Google Maps Plus code (example: J5HC+QR Luxemburg). This is because the address itself is not available in Google Maps and therefore has to be adapted. However, the correct address is considered in the system
- Information from parent/tutor accounts that are no longer required must be forwarded in writing from the structure to the PMR depart
Contact – Service Transports PMR
Administration des transports publics
- 4, rue Charles Bernhoeft
- L-1240 Luxembourg
- Tel: (+352) 247-84408
- Email: email@example.com